The Swing Proofer is a typical application for proofing free-standing bread.
In the Swing Proofer the doughs are loaded directly onto cotton coated swings-carriers or cups. This proofer can have two separated climate zones with different temperature and humidity depending on the product requirements: the 1st part is for proofing, the 2nd one is for cooling-retarding or stiffening.
All our proofers are built on demand in order to get the highest output with the highest repeatability within the available space.
- Full stainless-steel structure and stainless-steel components inside the proofing chamber.
- Has the classic box shape.
- Can have two separated climatic zones with different temperature/humidity (double climate for proofing and retarding).
- Completely insulated with sandwich type panels with stainless steel faces. The box is accessible thru “cold room” doors at ground floor, and/or overhead depending on the shape.
- The conditioning unit is located on a platform at one side of the proofing box, which is accessible by means of a stairway.
All our proofers are designed to guarantee production flexibility on an industrial scale and allow even and controlled proofing.
- Inside the insulated proofing box slow speed air with set humidity and temperature is conveyed from both sides across the whole height of the box, the air travels from the sides to the center of the box enclosing (engulfing) the dough before being extracted from the top.
- Regulation of air temperature, humidity and volume is done thru the operating panel.
All our proofers are designed and built inhouse to guarantee a sturdy and reliable construction.
- The dough pieces are loaded directly onto the swings-carriers. Swings can be flat (for soda bread, bretzel, panini) or can have holes where cups with plastic mesh are inserted (for buns, pizza balls, rustic bread) or be a cradle type (for rye bread).
- The swings are made of stainless steel or PE food grade plastic. Alitech has developed proprietary swings-carriers made of PE with cloth strap-on covers that allow for better aeration of the dough.
- The swings are connected on both sides to the two chain loops trough pins in correspondence to the chain’s bearings.
- A compensating trolley which moves vertically allows to keep the discharge moving continuously while the infeed starts and stops, this way it is possible to have intermittent loading with a reciprocator while keeping a constant discharge flow.
- The product discharge roller has a variable diameter in order to adapt it to the different heights of the product and a variable speed.
- Brushless motors with electronic connection (master-slave). In case of bigger proofers the driving system can have multiple motors with electronic connection. The Encoder on the motor allows to know in real time the position of the swing tray.
- Possibility to monitor the torque on the motor for safety.
- The Chain is made of pre-stretched steel. Chain can have different pitches, depending on the distance between the swing trays and is provided with bearings in correspondence with the swing tray connecting pins.
- In the horizontal sections the chain runs on a PE rails. In the vertical sections the chain runs inside Stainless-Steel guides.
- The chain tensioning is activated by pneumatic cylinders when the proofer is switched on.
- Chain tensioning is detected by sensors, positioned on the cylinder’s rod.
- The wheels can be made of Nylon (no iron dust) or hardened steel.
- The air conditioning unit is programmable by control panel, our PID software will manage set temperature and humidity by controlling the process inside the condition box.
- Temperature and humidity are measured by a probe to compare the SET against the IS and adjusted consequently.
- The DUO version of the swing tray proofer provides two different temperature zones (proofing-cooling) separated by a tunnel.
Accessibility for maintenance and cleaning at ground floor and overhead floor thru doors and side corridors.
- Accessibility for maintenance and cleaning at ground floor and overhead floor thru doors and side corridors.
- Top floor can be reached thru a stairway with access doors “cold room“ type on both sides.
- Neon lighting system along all the aisles.
- The product carriers that travel inside the proofer are also accessible and are kept high from the floor to facilitate cleaning operations.
- Air distribution sleeves made of antibacterial inflatable fabric are used inside the proofer, they can be easily removed and washed. Stainless Steel channels can be supplied as option.
- Oil free chains can be used to avoid contaminations: this can drastically improve the hygiene conditions inside the proofer. In case of chains with oil, the lubrication can be scheduled by means of a distribution pump.
- The bearings of the wheels are lubrication-free.
- To avoid accumulation of dirt between the proofer’s structure and the isolation panels, there is an open space between them.
- On the return the empty swing trays are sanitized and dried with infrared radiation.
All our proofers have a high degree of automation, scalable in order to optimize process, the energy consumption and the safety.
- In-house control software.
- High level of automation: from the operator panel the supervisor can manage the whole proofing process (setting specific recipes, proofing time, temperature, humidity historical trends of process parameters, alarms management, preventive maintenance management, …).
- Air conditioning unit accessible by control panel: our software will manage actual temperature and humidity according to set parameters.
- Various sensors and safety devices (torque safety on drive brushless motors).