CAPTIVE TRAY PROOFER
The Captive Tray Proofer is a typical application for proofing free-standing bread on captive boards.
The Captive Tray Proofer provides maximum flexibility in the size and arrangement of the product to be proofed. Possibility of manual handling of the product during the proofing process is also possible in designated areas.
All our proofers are built on demand in order to get the highest output with the highest repeatability within the available space.
- Full stainless-steel structure and stainless-steel components inside the proofing chamber.
- Can have different shapes: overhead (L or T shape) or box and can be positioned above the oven.
- Completely insulated with sandwich type panels with stainless steel faces. The box is accessible thru “cold room” doors at ground floor, and/or overhead depending on the shape.
- The conditioning unit is located on a platform at one side of the proofing box, which is accessible by means of a stairway.
All our proofers are designed to guarantee production flexibility on an industrial scale and allow even and controlled proofing.
- Inside the insulated proofing box slow speed air with set humidity and temperature is conveyed from both sides across the whole height of the box, the air travels from the sides to the center of the box enclosing ( engulfing ) the dough before being extracted from the top.
- Regulation of air temperature, humidity and volume is done thru the operating panel.
All our proofers are designed and built inhouse to guarantee a sturdy and reliable construction.
- The product conveying support consists of stainless-steel board/tray with removable cotton lining or PE plate cover.
- The board/tray provides maximum flexibility in the size and arrangement of the product to be proofed.
- The board/tray is fixed on both sides to the chain by means of pins in correspondence with the chain bearings: these pins can be easily removed to remove the tray. The board is always connected to the two chains in 3 points to guarantee horizontal stability.
- Possibility of manual handling of the product in designated areas.
- The board moves horizontally from one level to the other held by a pantograph system. At the exit of the proofer the board is stripped of the proofed dough.
- Before returning to the loading position the empty boards are sanitized and cleaned with UV lamps, brush and suction system.
- Brushless motors with electronic connection (master-slave), 1 on each side. The Encoder on the motor allows to know in real time the position of the carrier.
- Possibility to monitor the torque on the motor for safety.
- The chain is revolving with controlled accelerations and decelerations and to a stand still depending on the position of the carrier, during this process the loading cycle always happens at the same time as the unloading cycle.
- Chain is made of pre-stretched steel. Chain can have different pitches, depending on the distance between the boards and is provided with bearings in correspondence with the captive board connection pins.
- In the horizontal sections the chain runs on a PE guides. In the vertical sections the chain runs into PE guides.
- The chain tensioning is activated by pneumatic cylinders when the proofer is switched on.
- The wheels can be made in Nylon (no iron dust) or hardened steel.
- The air conditioning unit is programmable by control panel, our PID software will manage set temperature and humidity by controlling the process inside the condition box.
- Temperature and humidity are measured by a probe to compare the SET against the IS and adjust consequently.
All our proofers respect the highest safety standards and have easy access for maintenance and cleaning.
- Accessibility for maintenance and cleaning at ground floor and overhead floor thru doors and side corridors.
- Top floor can be reached thru a stairway with access doors “cold room“ type on both sides.
- Neon lighting system along all the aisles.
- The product carriers that travel inside the proofer are also accessible and are kept high from the floor to facilitate cleaning operations.
- Air distribution sleeves made of antibacterial inflatable fabric are used inside the proofer, they can be easily removed and washed. Stainless Steel channels can be supplied as option.
- Oil free chains can be used to avoid contaminations: this can drastically improve the hygiene conditions inside the proofer. In case of chains with oil, the lubrication can be scheduled by means of a distribution pump.
- The bearings of the wheels are lubrication-free.
- To avoid accumulation of dirt between the proofer’s structure and the isolation panels, there is an open space between them.
All our proofers have a high degree of automation, scalable in order to optimize process, the energy consumption and the safety.
- In-house control software.
- High level of automation: from the operator panel the supervisor can manage the whole proofing process (setting specific recipes, proofing time, temperature, humidity historical trends of process parameters, alarms management, preventive maintenance management, …).
- Air conditioning unit accessible by control panel: our software will manage actual temperature and humidity according to set parameters.
- Various sensors and safety devices (torque safety on drive brushless motor, sensors for positioning of boards at infeed and outfeed).