Stone/Steel Belt Tunnel Oven
The Cyclothermic Indirect Fired Stone Belt Tunnel Oven is typical for the baking of free-standing bread with high water content and clear “artisan” character.
Premium End Product
Industrial Volume and
Thanks to the peculiar heat transfer capability of the stone plate which allows a constant and steady transfer to the product to be baked, this type of oven guaranties a “premium” product with crust, high moisture and volume.
All our ovens are built on demand in order to get the highest output with the highest repeatability within the available space.
- Possibility to have widths over 4 meters and lengths up to 60 meters based on the customer needs.
- Modular structure with variable length baking zones with independent heat and humidity regulation.
- One Burner heating circuit every 15-20 meters, this minimizes the number of burners and increases efficiency.
- The complete oven is lined with stainless steel panels. Steaming section and steam extraction are in stainless steel.
All our ovens are designed to guarantee production flexibility on an industrial scale, they come with different options according to the different requirements. They allow a consistent and repeatable recipe driven bread output.
- The baking belt is made of granite stone that, for its physical specs, allows a smooth and consistent heat transfer, improving the quality and the development of the final product and helps the crust building resulting in a product with more humidity in the core.
- Stone belt preheating to control the required temperature at infeed.
- Baking process by means of heat radiation and heat conduction.
- The baking chamber can have up to 3 levels of radiating heaters: top heat, bottom heat and belt return heat.
- Each radiator is controlled by a sliding damper to set the heat. As an option the dampers can be motorized.
- Through side graduated handles it is possible to modulate the amount of heat on the side of the radiators (independently on both sides) in order to acquire an even bake across the width.
- The distribution of the steam is made at the oven entrance through a 5 pipes system fed from both sides allowing a better distribution of the steam across the width.
- The steam infeed can be automated with a motorized valve and scaling control system.
- Steam exhaust is controlled through specific outlet valves (one for each zone) connected to a horizontal ducting connected to the steam outfeed chimneys.
All our ovens are designed and built inhouse to guarantee a sturdy and reliable construction.
- Roller chain with interchangeable graphite bearings moves on side guides installed in the baking chambers.
- An automatic lubrication system oils the chain according to a preset program, granting an excellent reliability and durability of the system.
- The tunnel oven stone conveyor is driven by a planetary gear motor coupled directly to the driving wheels shafts. This system has an excellent reliability and no maintenance. The baking time is continuously adjusted through the variable frequency drive.
- The stone belt tensioning system is hydraulically activated by means of a hydraulic pump and hydraulic pistons adequately sized to avoid slipping during cool down or heat up of the oven. The tensioning and releasing procedure (heat up/cool down) is programmable.
- The loading device, interfaced with the oven infeed, places the product directly onto the stone plates through a metal belt with a small size nose, to avoid deformations.
- At the outfeed of the oven to compensate the polygonal movement of the plates, the outfeed belt moves horizontally for the consistency of the distance between the product and the baking surface.
All our ovens respect the highest safety standards and are easy to clean and maintain.
- A motorized rotating steel brush is installed at the oven infeed to clean the baking surface. Below the brush, extractable drawers collect the dirt.
- The inspection door design allows a better access inside the oven for cleaning and maintenance purposes.
- On the side of the oven extractable drawers collect the dirt from the bottom of the baking chambers.
- Bolted Hatches on the sides allow access to the oven floor below the mesh return.
- All the drives and actuating devices (motors, hydraulic devices, shafts etc.) are positioned on the 2 fronts with easy access from the side.
- The top of the oven is walkable.
All our ovens have a high degree of automation, scalable in order to optimize process, the energy consumption and the safety.
- In-house operating software.
- High level of automation: from the operator panel the supervisor can manage the whole baking process (setting specific recipes, overseeing heat graphs, historical trends, alarms management, preventive maintenance management, energy consumption, …).
- It is possible to supervise the power efficiency of the system together with other productivity data (gas consumption, temperature in the baking chambers, temperatures in the exhaust chimneys, etc.).
- The dampers for the control of the heat and steam distribution can be fully automatized. The oven will set automatically the position of each damper according to the recipe that has been saved and chosen by the operator, there is no need for operators to manually adjust the dampers at any product change.
- In case of a product gap before the oven, the system automatically modifies the baking conditions, lowering the temperature of the oven until the new product arrives.
Energy cost control has become a priority for the industry. Our ovens are being consistently improved in order to reach the maximum efficiency in fuel and energy consumption.
- Product gap management thru software and automation.
- High modulation Burners.
- Wasted heat recycling to improve the burner performance.
- Complete and careful insulation of the oven to minimize heat dispersion.
- Full overview of the main parameters can help the operator choose the best settings and have an immediate feedback on the results.